2010/05/02

Shimpu Tohgenkyo (新府桃源郷)

Do you know the place of Shimpu (新府)? Shimpu means 'new central place of force', which is compared to Kofu (the old central place of force -甲府,古府) where Takeda Shingen (武田信玄) controlled. So, Shimpu was the place where Takeda Katsuyori (武田勝頼) lived as a central place controlled.

Shimpu is famous as a peach farm. Peach trees set fresh peach in summer, of course, trees bloom brilliant pink peach blossoms which looks a big pink carpet in spring! Pink (the colour of peach blossoms) makes a beautiful contrast with yellow (the colour of rape blossoms), blue (the colour of sky), and white (the colour of snow on mountains)! Unfortunately, I couldn't take a nice picture to appeal it...anyway, a lot of people come to enjoy late 'Ohanami (お花見-a picnic under the blossoms) in the best season.


If you miss the season to enjoy watching peach flowers in other places, you should come to Shimpu because the peach trees bloom the latest in Yamanashi.

2 件のコメント:

Steve Henneberry さんのコメント...

I love that picture. Did you take that with your cell phone?
I like that you have found a new way to use this blog. I find the posts very interesting and the information is quite useful. Keep up the good work!

Miho さんのコメント...

To Mr.Henneberry
Sorry,the picture was taken by other one...I changed it to my picture;
Thanks:) I'll keep blogging in the way for believing that this work helps my job someday!