2008/05/17

International Night☆

Every Thursday, I take a subject about an academic writing with international students who study in faculties. Today, Janne, a French girl, held a dinner party at her room. It was not a mere party to have a dinner. We had to take foods from our own countries! It sounds interesting, isn't it?

We could take any foods which we can cook. I made Sushi at home. (It was the first time for me to cook rice with microwave at home in Australia!) Ingredients were tuna, cucamber, and sea stick (Kanikama). Surely, I did never put abocado in it to let them know original sushi:D

One more Japanese, Hikaru made Nikujaga. I think he is good at cooking better than me... We had a lemon tart, crapes, cake (from France), potato salad, sausages (from Germany), pulukogi (from Korea), and so on. We rarely eat such foods at once! All foods were so nice! I had much without taking care about my weight:P
Everyone felt stuff~. We gave up eating and started playing UNO! But, everyone knew different rules of it. It took some times to unity the rule. Our rule was; We can interupt if we have a exactly same card with a central card. We can finish with words card like reverse or skip...It was quite fun!!! I played as if I were a representative of Japanese UNO player:-) Unfortunately, I had to go back to home before we finished the party. But, I spent an international night☆

6 件のコメント:

L.Jav さんのコメント...

Wow, it sounds like you had a good time. The International Dorm at UNH does something very similiar, although I have not gone to it.

Emily さんのコメント...

Hi Miho~

I really envy you :D
and also wanted to go eating there.

Miho さんのコメント...

To L.javelle
I had a sooooooo nice time! In Japan, I have never been to the international dorm... Are there a big dorm in UNH?

Miho さんのコメント...

To emily
As I wrote, I had nice German foods! I wanna eat again. Please tell me how to cook them:)

L.Jav さんのコメント...

I do not know how big the dorms are at UNH because I`ve never been in them.

Miho さんのコメント...

To L.javelle
I see. I'm thinking about moving to a students' dorm now!