2008/05/10

Religious weekend

Today is Buddha's birthday. Hoe Yin took us to the festival in Darling Harbour. In Daring Harbour, there is the Chinese garden. I have been there once with my host family. No one around me knows why Sydney has a Chinese garden in central of City. Truly, Australia is a fantastic country...

Anyway, Hoe Yin's mother worked at the festival as a volunteer and took care of us kindly. We had Asian foods and enjoyed the event. I saw many nuns but male monks. In Japan, we rarely see nuns. Umm, it must be a cultural differences. I remembered my family followed Buddhism at a funeral. But, to our shame, we didn't have any idea what we should do in front of a statue of Buddha. We said to ourselves, "there is no rule..." Is it o.k. to join religious events even so we don't know anything about the religion? Whenever I join religious events, I think why most of Japanese don't have their religion.

0 件のコメント: