2008/08/15

distance sisterly love

I received an email from my younger sister in English. It was her reply of my present. Though there were many mistakes in her English, I could tell she put her effort on the email.

My younger sister's birthday is 17th August. I sent her a birthday card five days before her birthday, which was my surprising event for her. She must not have expected me to do something for her birthday because I had not done anything some years in Japan. How bad sister I was! But, in fact, our relationship was so terrible. We had quarrels almost everyday, which made my mother bothered. If our relationship is still bad, I might have done nothing...
So, we are going better now! I can say that my studying here changed our relationship. I had lived with her for 18 years since my sister was born. It was the first time for us to live separately. I didn't care about my sister when I left Japan and so did she, I thought. But, my sister gave me a letter and a picture. (She is good at drawing.) To be honest, I was so surprised and happy that I was likely to cry when I got them. I put the picture on the wall in my room as an encouragement to me.

Although it is natural to do something for siblings, I could not help doing something for her this year. In particular, I wanted to tell my thank and love for her. The reason why I wrote in English is because she is studying English to enter a university. According to my mother, my sister looked up a dictionary to understand meaning of my card. I was glad to hear that and thought she is cute. I could feel her love from her email as well. Yeah, she is only one my sister! I hope we can be sooooooooo good sisters that my mother does not have to have troubles any more! Anyway, happy birthday my sister, Naho~:)

2 件のコメント:

Mai さんのコメント...

Did you make this card?!?!?! SOOOO CUTE!!

Miho さんのコメント...

To mai
nah~! My sister made it. It's sooooo nice, isn't it? I wanna have her design sense a bit...