2008/02/24

Accidental barrier

It was the last spring vacation today. I spent with my host family. Afternoon, they took me to Cronulla. While I expected to go to Crunulla beach again, we enjoyed just shopping. My host mother and sister seem to dislike swimming in the ocean.

Have you ever eaten Teppan ice cream which is a kind of ice cream mixed with some sweets on iron plates? The shops, "Cold Stone creamery" is famous for making such ice cream. In Australia, we can see a same kind of shop "Cold Rock". It was very hot today. I ordered "Aussie vanilla ice cream mixed with "M&M's" chocolate. I thought that how to order ice cream is not so difficult as how to order sandwich in "Subway". But a salesgirl didn't seem to understand... I shouted many times. When my host mother said the same thing, a salesgirl finally nodded. My pronunciation of "M&M's" was incorrect. I couldn't conceive that I can't say such a easy and famous name of sweets properly.
As one of students in English phonetic laboratory, I want to acquire natural pronunciation.

5 件のコメント:

renidentia991 さんのコメント...
このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
renidentia991 さんのコメント...

I never feel wanna eat ice cream now. cuz it was snow yesterday!!
((p(>_<)q))samui...
(sorry i miss the coment above...(><;

Miho さんのコメント...

To watabo
I like eating icecream in Kotatsu in winter!
Don't mind missing a comment.

KUMI さんのコメント...

I like such icecream made on iron plates!! I ate them in Kichijoji. Is it so hot in Australia? Recently, it became a little warm here Kofu(→㉨←)
The native pronounciation is different from Japanese them...but never give up♡ "Plactice makes perfect."
I am going to go to Okinawa tomorrow!! I will write about them on my blog.

Miho さんのコメント...

To Kumi
Yesterday, summer finised in Australia. It seems to be getting cold!
Have fun in Okinawa! I'm lokking forward reading your blog;)