2008/02/14

New Japanese friends!

Really, I missed an orientation of ELSSA which our English school of UTS. Because I didn't know that the date was changed the day before. Though I was anxious about being absent, it was not so important according to my friends.

So, today, I went to the zoo with Mai, Kanako, and three Japanese friends. When we talked with them, we tried to use English as much as we could. They also go to ELSSA. Their English skills seemed to be almost equal as mine. Being with them stimulated my motivation to study. Of course, it is the best for us to do something with native speakers...
In the zoo, there were many insects, raptiles, and a few mammals. I touched a real sneak for the first time! I wanted to hold koalas...But, in NSW, to touch koalas was prohibited three years ago. It was written that many wild animals are threatened with extinction in Australia. We could learn a kind of Australian culture.

2 件のコメント:

Steve Henneberry さんのコメント...

Sorry to hear that you were not able to touch the koalas. They really seem cute... I can't believe that you actually touched the snake! I saw the picture on Kanako's blog, and you looked really scared of the snake there!

Miho さんのコメント...

To Mr.Henneberry
I was surprised to be taken such a picture! But, I felt not so bad to touch the snake.