2008/09/25

To Tasmania~Day1

During this mid semester brake, where do I go? It was a difficult question...because this vacation would be the last chance for me to go traveling in Australia now. As everyone says, Australia is too big to go traveling. Then, I got an invitation from Kasumi, Japanese who stayed with me in previous place for a month. My destination was set to Tasmania!

Honestly, Tasmania is not so famous amongst Japanese because I did not know it when I was in Japan. But, I thought I would never go there straight from Japan. (I might have chance to go to Cairns from Japan. Don't you think so?)

I went there with Kasumi, Grace(her current flat mate from Hong Kong), and Cici(Grace's friend from China). Though I had not met Cici, we could get along with each other as soon as we met at the airport. After two hours flight from Sydney, where we arrived was the center of Tasmania, Hobart. We caught a taxi and went to places to eat seafood. In fact, I cannot eat seafood so much because these especially shellfish did not appeal to me...I had never eaten oyster which is famous in Tasmania. But, we were traveling. I thought I should not miss it!...I ate it for the first time in my life. umm...I might eat again!...,which would make my family surprised:)

After that, we walked around the city and had a rest at Cenotaph which was made for commemoration of ANZAC. Although it was the center of the state, Hobart was a country side. Also, there were a few Asian. I thought as if I were in a small European country which is not multicultural one... Thinking of that kind of things, we went back to a backpacker and went to bed a bit early for tomorrow.

0 件のコメント: