2008/06/06

Are they high school students...!?

They were very good actors and actresses!... One of my friend, Hoe Yin, got tickets for us to watch a high school musical. Her high school has an annual big musical. The title of musical was 'La Perichole'. Students seemed to have an audition at the beginning of a year. From them, they had practiced performance for four months. While I expected to watch a nice musical, their performance was much better than I expected!!

As you know, I love music. What I was excited about at first was a youth orchestra. There was a legitimate orchestra pit. I really wanted to join them. Surely, their singing and acting were so marvelous! I could not believe that all of them were students. I have performed a little in a school festival when I was a junior high school and high school student. But I think it was not in the same class as the musical. I should not compared with two of them... In spite I could not catch their lines and lyrics, I could see their efforts so much. At the same time, I thought I wanted to watch it before my presentation. We had to have a presentation about Australian culture as the last task in a subject. I explained about music habits of Australian youth. I said that Australian youth people do not listen to classical music because of a current musical trend (For example, it is common for them to get new music especially pop and rock online, etc...) My hypothesis and opinion might have changed if I watch the musical earlier. They must have opportunities to touch music more than Japanese students. I wish I joined a youth orchestra club when I was a high school. On my way to home, I could not help describing my impression!

2 件のコメント:

Emily さんのコメント...

Hi Miho :D

2 years ago ,i watched a preimary school dance in Sydney!!
It was so great.They danced with good smiles and confidences.
They seemed quite difficult from Japans !!

Miho さんのコメント...

To emily
You went to Cronulla to visit your host family,didn't you?
I think Japanese people hesitate to perform like them. I remember our performance in high school festival!