2008/06/28

In Alice Springs~Day4

I had a looooong sleep. Though I stayed at a share room with three females, two of them had already gone out when I woke up. A woman was very kind. I asked her many things about around the accommodation. She explained and took me to the main street.

I hanged around the central town of Alice Springs. I sent a post card to my family as I did in Melbourne. There were souvenir shops, accommodations, petrol stations, tour shops... most of shops were for tourists. I saw a lot of Aboriginal people. Central Australia is the place where Aboriginal people live. We should not live there for long time. I found a kinder garden and a hospital for only Aboriginal people. As I learned about complicated racism in a class in last semester, it might be difficult to live together... I could study a little for an hour on my way to an accommodation.

This trip was quite different from last one to Melbourne. I touched nature and had a wild experience. I did not want to be a typical Japanese tourist who went there just for having a look a model of a movie. I tried to think about a lot of things including myself. Could I mature a little bit...?

2 件のコメント:

Emily さんのコメント...

Hello :D

Great that you did :D
you are already mature !!
what i am surpreised, ist kinder garten!!
It is one of the German word!!

Miho さんのコメント...

To emily
Really? I'm getting fat. so, I'm matureing in a different meaning~
I didn't notice about it! Do you think it relates with Germany??