2008/06/15

unexpected present

Today, I got a present from Mandy, one of JASS (Japanese and Australian Students Society) members. (an eco bag, UTS ball point pen, and a card) "Akiyama Miho 先生", which was written on the envelop of a card. It was a gift for us who were teachers of Japanese.

In this semester, I taught Japanese to students who belong to JASS as a teacher. Students were divided into three levels. I was a teacher of a intermediate class with Mai. There were no textbook and no plan. We could teach anything we wanted, which was the most difficult to have classes every week. We do not have any teaching skills because we had not taken education subjects even though we belong to the education faculty. Sometimes, we made a document referring a Japanese textbook of an official Japanese class at UTS. I could not teach and explain Japanese well. I feel sorry for students to be a bad teacher. To be frank, I had felt nervous to have a class. But, thanks to Mai and students, I could continue teaching Japanese. At the same time, they told me difficulties of Japanese very much!

I did not expect to get any present from them because I could not play a role as a Japanese teacher... So, I was very surprised and glad to receive it. Thank you, JASS!

4 件のコメント:

L.Jav さんのコメント...

That's pretty cool that they got you a gift.

Miho さんのコメント...

To L.Javelle
Yeah, it's a good souvenir, isn't it?

L.Jav さんのコメント...

Yeah. I need to start souvenir hunting myself pretty soon.

Miho さんのコメント...

To L.javelle
I really enjoy finding souvenir;^)
Sometimes, I bought too many things...