2008/06/26

At Uluru~Day2

The reason why we got up 5:30 was... to watch Uluru at sunrise! It was still very dark and cold. A tour guide took us the best point. We stood for a while in admiration of the view. (I prefer sunset view to sunrise though...:)

Today's destination was only Uluru! We walked around Uluru for about two hours. It seems to be 10kilometers. What we saw walking was rocks, rocks, and ROCKS! I found a rock like a monster. I could not believe that Uluru was a monolith. There were some places where Aboriginal people prohibited us from taking pictures. Although it was hard for me to understand Aboriginal customs and faith, it must mean that nature is so big that we cannot explain without such a legend!

Even though Aboriginal people do not want others to climb Uluru, many people enjoyed climbing. I thought it would be a good memory. But I was so tired and gave up to do. I advised me to have followed Aboriginal will. According to the tour guide, some people was wound or dead by falling down. I did not want to die at Central Australia even if Uluru is famous for a Japanese movie which a heroine wished her boyfriend to sprinkle her bone there...
We spend all day around Uluru and moved to a campsite near by Kings Canyon. A dinner was made by Dutch ovens. We slept in a swag tonight as well. However, dingos started howling at 2am. I was so scared that I could not fall asleep...it was a wild night, wasn't it?

0 件のコメント: